Kindred Organics White Quinoa
This product is unavailable
The outer hull of quinoa seeds is covered with Saponin, a naturally occurring organic compound which protects quinoa from insects and birds. Saponin is a bitter, resin-like substance that forms a soapy solution in water. It must be removed before cooking and eating or the quinoa can have a strong, bitter flavour that some people find unpleasant.
|Av. Per 100g|
|Fat Total (g)||7.8|
|Fat Saturated (g)||1|
Country of Origin - Australia
1. Place quinoa in a fine colander or strainer.
2. Run cold water over it until all soap scum has been washed away.
3. Rub the seeds while washing with water
4. Test the flavour on a small number of seeds; if they still have an acidic, bitter taste, run more cold water over them.
5. Wash and stir 3 or 4 times in water, or wash till water is clear.