Organic Popping Corn (Popcorn)
This product is unavailable
Organic popcorn makes a lovely light and nutritious snack and is quick and easy to prepare. This particular variety of corn has a high hard-starch content that "explodes" through the hull when heated to give excellent popping results. åÊ
Country of Origin - Australia
|Av. Per 100g|
|Fat Total (g)||4.1|
|Fat Saturated (g)||0.6|
Learn how to make popcorn easily at home using our Organic Popping Corn! It makes a lovely light snack and is quick to prepare, with easy and delicious flavour combinations too!
Our particular variety of popping corn has a high hard-starch content that "explodes" through the hull when heated to give excellent popping results!
- 1/2 cup Organic Popping Corn
- 1 tbsp Organic Olive Oil
- To pop, add one tablespoon of oil (your choice) and half a cup of corn to a large pan (make sure it has a lid or you could be in trouble!).
- Heat on medium for 1-2 minutes.
- When the corn starts to pop, shake the pan constantly to ensure all the corn pops and it doesn't burn.
- Once the popping stops, remove from heat and enjoy! You can also add a little salt or melted butter if this takes your fancy.
Try out our favourite flavour combinations:
1. Salt and Vinegar
- 2.5 tbsp vinegar (apple cider, balsamic or white)
- Sprinkle of Himalayan salt
Add ingredients just after popcorn has popped.
For extra crunch put under the grill for 5 minutes
2. Cinnamon and raisins
- 1 tsp organic cinnamon
- 4 tbsp organic raisins
Shake with cooked popcorn to mix
3. Vegan "Cheesy" popcorn
- 1 cup of Nutritional Yeast flakes
Sprinkle and shake while popcorn is still hot
4. Spicy & Savoury
Sprinkle through small amounts of chilli powder + lime juice + Himalayan salt.
5. Coconut Goodness
Cook in organic coconut oil and sprinkle desiccated or toasted shredded organic coconut once cooked.
- Organic shredded coconut
- Organic dried pineapple, chopped
- Organic butter, melted
Toss hot popcorn with ingredients then season with salt.
7. Salted Caramel
- 3 tbsp organic coconut oil
- 1 cup organic popping corn
- 1 cup organic maple syrup
- 1 tsp fine Himalayan saltåÊ
- 1 tbsp organic vanilla powder
Cook popcorn in 1 tbsp coconut oil. Place remaining coconut oil, maple syrup and salt in a small saucepan. Boil for 2 minutes, then remove from heat and stir in Vanilla. Drizzle over popcorn and toss to coat evenly. Spread out on parchment paper to cool for 30 minutes or so. EAT!
8. Sea Salt & Dark Chocolate
Scatter with Dark Chocolate and sprinkle with sea salt. Stir to combine.